Thursday, July 14, 2011

I got sick and now my inlaws don't want to talk to me, would u be upset?

About 5 years ago I fell off of a cliff and broke my ankle, tore ligaments in my knees and tore a disc in my spine which collapsed and caused a bulging disc as well. What followed was about 2 1/2 to 3 years of pill abuse (lortabs/percocet). I stopped that about 2 years ago with 1 minor slip. Over the past few months my health had been in question. I was losing weight, had lots of anxiety, couldn't put the weight back on, depression, etc. I thought a lot of it was emotional issues I needed to work thru so I started talking to my family and inlaws and decided to go to a therapist. My female inlaws decided to write me off as a drug addict and keep their distance. As of just this past week I found out I have a potentially life threatening health issue which has actually caused all of these side effects I have been going through. I even took a voluntary drug test just to clear the air. I still haven't even heard from them and these are people I have been there for in the past. I'm being told not to even think about that right now but it is VERY difficult. Would you be upset if you were in mg shoes? How do you think you would handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment