Thursday, July 14, 2011

Would i be able to adopt or foster?

I am a 31 year old single female with a good job, stable income, i rent my own home and consider myself to have a good life. I have not met a man i would like to start a family with as yet, but even if i did/did not in the future, i would like to seriously consider adoption or being a foster mum. I would not do it because of lonliness or the usual factors people think for a 30 something year old woman, but because i feel i would make a good parent, am very maternal, patient and quite frankly i have a lot of love to give to those who need or deserve it, to name but a few. My concern is, if i were to go ahead and try to adopt/foster in the future, that i have had 2 serious bouts of depression in the past. Once when i miscarried 10 years ago and the other 3 years ago when i lost my home,job, had a painful relationship break up and my dad suddenly died, all in the space of one year. Would these incidences ruin my chances? Again its not something i want to straight away, i want to make sure i am morally correct in wanting to adopt/foster and that past events wont ruin my chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment