Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dilaudid for pain management? is dilaudid more potent that the hydrocodone and oxycodone?

I have been in pain management for years, my last Dr was prescribing me 6 Lortab (10mg) and 6 Oxycodone (15mg) and 4 Somas per day for pain. I was on this medicine for so long that it got to a point where it wasnt even helping. I know that most normal ppl couldnt tolerate this many meds, but I swear I still hurt, and felt like i never got any long tern relief. Anyway I changed Doctors and my new doctor said he refuses to give any of his patients percocet, roxi , or oxy becuz of the addiction controversy about it, and he doesnt write for hundreds of any kind of pills permonth. Therefore he said we need to treat my pain continuously without me taking pills all day long. I loved the new idea, becuz I dont want to take 14+ pills a day, I just dont want to hurt like i do, so he started me on dilaudid 3x a day and said ina month we will evaluate how i feel. The first few days I had killer headaches, and i thoughtitwas from not taking the hydrocodone and oxy, however now the headaches are gone and the dilaudids do work but they dont last for over a 5hr period. So what would be the best thing to do, up the dosage, or ask for 1 extra per day?? I would luv to hear from someone who is familiar with this medication. And is dilaudid more potent that the hydrocodone and oxycodone? Thanksin advance for all serious answers

No comments:

Post a Comment